The Greater Manchester Green Spaces Fund
The Greater Manchester Green Spaces Fund, announced by the Mayor of Greater Manchester as part of the new Greater Manchester Strategy, will offer small grants to communities to clean up and improve local green spaces or create new ones where they are needed.
As part of the Greater Manchester Green Spaces Fund two types of grant will be made available:
- Grants up to £10,000
- Grants between £10,000 and £40,000
Potential projects could include:
- Improving existing or creating new accessible green space for people and/or wildlife
- Permanently greening streets
- Creating new permanent parklets or pocket parks
- Community gardening/food growing
- Turning paved-over areas to green areas
- Cleaning up and restoring streams, rivers, canals, and ponds
Applications will launch in spring 2022 and will be managed by the Greater Manchester Environment Fund (GMEF).
For more information, please visit the GMEF website (external link – opens in a new window).