Salford Loaves and Fishes is a registered charity, a company limited by guarantee, bringing together a wealth of experience and expertise in working with homeless and vulnerable people.
The project is based at 1 Paddington Close, Salford, M65PL. The project is open Monday to Friday 9am-3pm. Salford Food Bank are based to our building on Tuesdays and Fridays. Food services are available Monday to Friday 10am-2pm. Hot drinks are serves from 9am and after 2pm.
The Drop In Centre has a committed and enthusiastic team of volunteers and are always keen to recruit new people.
They offer a safe and supportive environment with regular ongoing training and supervision and are committed to the personal development of their volunteers. During the year they provide a number of opportunities for social events as a thank you for all the hard work of their volunteers.
Tasks performed by volunteers include:
- Assisting in the kitchen and serving food and hot drinks
- Befriending and listening to clients
- Supervising areas such as toilets/showers and lounge
- Maintaining high standard of cleanliness within the building
- Manning the laundry and assisting clients with their laundry
- Greeting visitors, receiving/logging food and clothing donations
- Sorting and storing food donations in the food storage areas
- Manning and keeping tidy the clothing store
- Assisting in the office with general admin tasks
- Supporting client activities e.g. bingo, reading group, first aid, job club etc
- Help with the cleaning down of the centre at the end of the day
- Supporting clients with use of telephone
- Assisting support work team, as directed by designated staff
- We are also looking for volunteers with fundraising skills or ideas to support the fundraising team and/or Friends Group
- If you have any of the following skills i.e. in Human Resources, Finance, Management, Policies, Welfare, Funding, Managing Budgets etc and would consider joining our Board of Trustees, please include this on your application
If you would like further details about volunteering opportunities please contact their office on 0161 737 8775 or visit their website.Visit website